For a Large Australian energy group – 2 production platforms in the Irish Sea & London HQ
The business demonstrated an urgent need for a review of OPEX costs as lifting costs on 2 assets were considerably higher than at similar assets run by other operators. The business operated antiquated and inefficient business processes in maintenance & production to manage and control job allocation and follow up, materials flow, project and contractor management
- Needs, weaknesses and opportunities in maintenance & production departments were identified, documented and quantified and agreed across the client organisation.
- Extensive action plans were prepared and GAP analyses and implementation plans were agreed and communicated.
- New and improved forecasting, planning, capacity management and follow up processes were implemented with line and platform management.
- Wrench time productivity & LEAN initiatives were implemented with maintenance personnel.
Project example : Asset Management
Industry : Scandinavian oil refinery ( owned by a “sister” )
Challenge : Profit optimisation needed due to significant overcapacity on the
European refinery scene
Reduction of production / process down time by 10 % due to improved alarm procedures and standardised ways of working across shifts
15 % reduction in operating costs per BOE processed due to the above combined with right sizing of crewing levels by shift and a world market price monitoring product mix model
Agreed strategic plan for expansion of 3rd party business consisting of 3 pillars :
1. Sale of excess energy to local community
2. Sale of sulphoric acid and other process by-products
3. Nordic knowledge sharing program
Large international energy group – 3 production platforms in Norway Asset
The business demonstrated an urgent need for a review of OPEX costs and production
stability as lifting costs on 3 assets were varying significantly and on an increasing trend.
Needs, weaknesses and opportunities in offshore and onshore maintenance &
production departments were identified, documented and quantified and agreed across
the client organisation.
A comprehensive management training programme was designed and completed.
New and improved planning, SCM, Capacity Management and Production Upset
processes were implemented with line and platform management. Wrench time
productivity & LEAN initiatives were implemented with maintenance personnel.
Within 8 weeks the assets were able to demonstrate significant more stabile production
rates which lead to production output increases between 2 – 5 %